Dear Church Family,
I am happy to update you on the “soft reopening” of our church, the steps we have taken, and new procedures once in-person services resume. We have developed these based-on consultation with our Reopening Task Force and in discussion with our elders, and with much prayer. We ask for grace and patience from all of you as we reopen. Above all, we look forward to welcoming you back to our church building and to worshiping in person again soon.
- Sunday, July 12 at 12 p.m. After our livestream service we will have a Zoom congregational discussion where you can hear more about our plans and give feedback or ask questions. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/765017753
- Sunday, July 19 at 10 a.m. First physical Sunday service gathering in the NSCC church parking lot, weather permitting. There will be no restriction on the number of attendees. We will implement social distancing. While we will have some folding chairs, we ask you to bring your own lawn chair for outdoor gatherings like this. Masks will be required, and singing will be permitted under masks.
- Sunday, July 26 at 10 a.m. First physical Sunday service in NSCC sanctuary with a limit of 60 people which we determined based on safety, legal requirements, and efficiency. Registration will be required, and spaces will be assigned on a first come, first served basis (additional details below).
Things to Know
For those who choose not to attend in person, we welcome you to continue joining our live stream Sunday services. We are so grateful for our strong online attendance to date and expect that to continue.
Before the first indoor Sunday service in the sanctuary on July 26
- Todd will share a link to pre-register. There will be a limit of 60 people on a first come, first served basis.
- There will be a waiver attached to the registration form. We kindly ask you to click “I agree” if you plan to attend.
- We invite those who are sick, symptomatic or vulnerable to the virus, or not ready to attend in-person to join us online.
- The church building will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to this service.
On Sunday, July 26 for those attending in person
- Masks are required inside the church buildings and in the immediate vicinity of the church buildings per CDC guidelines. If you do not have one, we will provide one.
- Upon arrival, there will be temperature checks.
- Ushers will show you to your seats. Social distancing will be in place between seats and between pews. Families who attend will be seated together.
- Singing will be restricted to the worship team. Congregants are invited to hum under their masks.
- There will be no passed collection plate; instead, we will have offering boxes at fixed locations which we will indicate to you. You may also continue to give offerings by mail, or online.
- There will be signs indicating the flow of one-way traffic in aisles and entrances/exits.
- We will have four bathrooms available for use downstairs and next door, with one person allowed at a time in each bathroom.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the church.
- We will not have a coffee hour/close fellowship time following the service. We also discourage congregating inside the church building following the service to allow for cleaning.
- The church building will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after the service.
- During Sundays when we will be practicing communion, we will use individualized, prepackaged communion packets.
- Physical contact with others (handshaking, hugging, etc.) is not recommended in order to maintain social distancing.
- At this time, we will not have Sunday programs for children since they don't socially distance very well. Children are invited to sit with their families through the whole service.
- We have formed a separate task force to advise us on “if, when, and how” to resume children’s ministry. We will keep you updated on the developments.
- Stay tuned for more information on the Vacation Bible School in August.
Future services and other gatherings
- After gauging demand, we will decide whether to expand to two services.
- If we institute two services, they will likely be at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. to allow for adequate cleaning time between services.
- Prayer meetings, classes, small groups, youth group gatherings on our campus will gradually resume. Stay tuned for communications from group leaders.
- Let’s continue “To Know Christ and Make Him Known” together!
Warmly in Christ,
Pastor John, for the Session
North Shore Community Church Contact Information
SENIOR PASTOR Rev. John Yenchko (516) 922-7322 x 101 C (516) 680 9340 firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT PASTOR Rev. Martin Han (215) 421-4521 email@example.com
YOUTH DIRECTOR Rev. Tae Cho (201) 406-9056 firstname.lastname@example.org
WORSHIP DIRECTOR Charles Alvarenga (516) 510-0316 email@example.com
CHIDREN’S MINISTRY John Kim (484) 682-9616 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOOD PANTRY Patricia Watsula (516) 658-7686 email@example.com
MEAL SUPPORT MINISTRY Nina Yenchko (516) 680- 9139 firstname.lastname@example.org
THRIFT STORE Karen Connolly (516) 851-4405 email@example.com
CHURCH OFFICE Todd Christenson C (516) 922-7322 x 100 firstname.lastname@example.org